Thursday, February 4, 2010

My excuse note this time



No, I haven’t posted anything for ages. Yes, I’ve written plenty – BUT, the internet has been down since mid-November (2 ½ months and counting), with short exceptions. AND, I spent a little time checking out the Marshallese healthcare system from the inside. I’ve had a lifelong condition of passing out from time to time, which has been well-controlled by medication for many years. Either I need to tinker with the dosage, or the medicine was compromised by the heat, but I passed out last weekend and hit my head on the way down. I expected to go to the hospital for a couple of stitches, but instead they admitted me for observation for 3½ days. Without access to my medical records, they were much more interested in my fainting episodes than I was. I’m FINE – perfectly fine. But I learned a lot about interesting Marshallese medical customs! I hope to have an account ready for posting soon.

I also hope the internet will stay up, and I’ll start posting the backlog of pieces I’ve written – and I’ll try not to overwhelm you!

1 comment: